Elysion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Carnation Dreams
Shadows   - Page 6 Emptyby Miakemi 1/18/2016, 9:37 pm

» ~ Lunar Eclipse // a post-stars sailor moon rp.
Shadows   - Page 6 Emptyby Guest 8/26/2015, 8:33 pm

» Fading Memories
Shadows   - Page 6 Emptyby Mistress Moon 8/19/2015, 8:01 pm

» Fading Memories (OOC Thread)
Shadows   - Page 6 Emptyby Mistress Moon 8/19/2015, 7:48 pm

» Dark Side of the Rose OOC
Shadows   - Page 6 Emptyby Kousagi 8/17/2015, 11:09 pm

» The Dark Side of the Rose
Shadows   - Page 6 Emptyby Kousagi 8/17/2015, 11:09 pm

» Carnation Dreams OOC
Shadows   - Page 6 Emptyby Kousagi 7/26/2015, 1:17 pm

» CLEAN UP!!
Shadows   - Page 6 Emptyby Kousagi 7/26/2015, 1:01 pm

» I died but now i live!
Shadows   - Page 6 Emptyby Kousagi 6/13/2015, 2:30 pm

Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty12/31/2014, 3:23 am

Shadows   - Page 6 Image_zps6ec15f86

Sere looked down, immediately feeling guilty for asking what seemed to be a very deep, personal question.

'Damn it Sere, why do you have to be so nosy?'

"I'm very sorry to hear about your mother," she said, messing with her thumbs. She wished she hadn't asked, but at the same time, she felt butterflies in her stomach. Endo trusted her enough to tell her that information, and for some reason that made Sere really happy.  

He went on to tell her about his father, and her head rose.  "Why's th-"

She paused, stopping herself before finishing her sentence.  "I mean, um, never mind," she continued. 
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty12/31/2014, 3:02 pm

Shadows   - Page 6 Endo_b10

Endo nodded acknowledging Sere's concerns about his mother. He continued to sip his coffee slowly. He saw her perk up a bit when he mentioned his dad, but he could tell by her body language she didn't want to ask about it.

He decided to take the conversation elsewhere hoping to lighten both their spirits. "Coming to Tokyo was the best decision I made. I am glad Andrew was able to move over here. It was hard t meet people at first, but starting school really helped get me back on track. I am still dabbing my feet in some different areas, but I am very interested in Sociology or Psychology- the human complex is just so fascinating." He realized he was sounding a little crazy so he stopped himself.

"What about you, what are you majoring in? How are you liking the university so far? You still interested in my offer to show you that water feature?"

He was getting ahead of himself he realized, why did he feel so loose with this girl, what was it that made him want to spend more and more time with this girl he had just met?
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty12/31/2014, 8:05 pm

Sere smiled. "Same here. I haven't been this happy in a long time. I never thought moving away from home would give me so much happiness, but it did, and I don't plan on leaving college anytime soon."

Sere's head tilted to the side. "Wow, you really have big goals. I could never take psychology classes - it would only give me a headache. I guess that's a little ironic." Sere laughed at herself, then blushed. 

Her attention was soon diverted once more by Endo's question. "Ummm, I was thinking about majoring in cosmetology. I'm not sure if I want to do fashion, or hair, or nails, but I know that beauty is something I want to promote for my career. I'm absolutely loving the university. I've yet to find anything I don't like about it. And yes, I would love to take that offer! Maybe tomorrow, if you don't have anything to do?"

Saying that reminded Usagi that she had to work soon. Checking her watch, she realized she would be late if she didn't get going. She grabbed her bag and smiled at Endo. "Thank you so much for the tea, but I'm afraid I have to work soon. I'll see you around, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty1/1/2015, 1:51 am

Endo listened as Sere spoke, he let out a little chuckle when she said she couldn't handle psychology. He found it interesting that she was interested in cosmetology, 

"well once you finish General Education classes you should be able to take all your core classes for your major, that is what I am looking forward to." he said as a smile curled up at his lips.

When she asked if he was free tomorrow, he laughed a bit, "I could come tomorrow, it will be a saturday but I don't mind coming. There won't be many students to deal with which could be quite pleasant."

When she was getting ready to leave, he gathered his things as well, "hows two oclock sound to meet up tomorrow?" he asked as he gathered his things to go. Only before leaving he left his journal on the table they had been sitting at, he only had the one class, and he was able to carry the journal in his inner coat pocket. He walked out of the cafe not knowing he left it behind. 
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty1/2/2015, 4:11 am

Sere looked at the ceiling, trying to think whether or not she had anything to do. "That should work! I'll see you then!" She smiled and waved as Endo left, waiting until he was gone to leave. It would have been awkward if they left together, she thought.

Just as Sere was about to walk out the cafe doors, a voice stopped her. "Um, miss?"

Sere turned. "Yes?"

The waitress held out a small journal for Sere to take. "You left this at your table," she said. Sere blinked, shaking her head slightly. 

"That's...not mine," she said. Suddenly a thought struck her. Maybe it was Endo's? "But it must be my friend's. Thank you," she added, taking the journal and tucking it under her arm. She smiled at the waitress before leaving, making her way towards the hair salon. She could feel the journal practically burning through her clothes. Sere wanted so desperately to open it and read what was inside, but that would be invading Endo's privacy. They couldn't be friends if she did something like that, right? But she was just so curious...

Frustrated, Sere took the journal and shoved it in her back, forcing herself to push it to the back of her thoughts as she entered the salon and got ready for her first appointment.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty1/2/2015, 11:20 pm

Endo left the cafe and headed towards his apartment. Fridays were his short days and he decided to not have office hours today as the class would be spending the following class reviewing their works in groups.

Endo rounded the corner to his apartment and walked up the stairs to his front door. He walked through and hung up his coat. He decided he would take a nap so he could be well rested for the nights events.

As he slept, memories of his past came creeping back to the surface. He was a child and it was a hot night, not just with regards to the temperature. His father had been in a blond rage and he was charging at his mother once again, but little 8 year old Endo jumped in to try and protect his mother, but it had failed, when his father was drunk, his anger was much worse, he shoved Endo hard, a little to hard and Endo went flying to the floor, crashing with the glass table as he fell. Glass went everywhere around him and he felt it cutting into his skin. He was crying for help, help that would not come until his father disappeared on one of his escapades after he had finished getting his blind rage out.

Endo jolted awake in a nervous sweat, he looked down at his arms and saw no blood, only the scars from all those years ago He touched his hand to his left temple and ran his finger along the scar that was more prevalent than all the others. The one he had worked so hard to cover, it was part of the reason why he wore his hair longer. It helped him to avoid all the questions that pulled up the still painful memories of his past.

Endo went to his jacket and searched for his journal so he could write, as dumb as the idea of a journal had sounded to him, it actually really helped him deal with his emotions. He was surprised when he could not find his journal and began to search his apartment hoping to find his journal containing his deepest secrets
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty1/11/2015, 2:58 pm

As Sere handled her first few appointments, she found herself very distracted by the journal she knew was sitting in her bag in the employees' room. The curiosity she harbored over what possibly could be written on the pages was overpowering, and it practically took over Sere's thoughts. As soon as her break came, she went to her bag and pulled out the small book.

She held the object in her hands, staring at the cover. Should she open it? What if there were things about her in there? Things about Endo? The girls he had no-doubt slept with in the past? Was Sere really ready to look at something like that?

She had to know. There was no other option - it would tear her apart if she had to continue wondering. And so, reluctantly, Sere opened the journal and began to read. 
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty1/11/2015, 4:57 pm

Shadows   - Page 6 E5Nzvxz

Leah had been looking forward to this day for some time. It was the first time in her life that someone had wanted to hang out with her. She packed a duffel bag with some clothes and toiletries and made her way out. As she opened her door, two tickets fell to her feet. Her roommates had left them for her, they were for a concert later that night. Leah smiled, maybe her roommates were not as bad as she thought.

She closed her door and walked to the salon. When she got there she didn't see anyone in the salon. Was she early, or worse had she missed her appointment altogether?

"Hello, is anyone here?" she called out, hoping she was in the right place.

Endo became quite flustered when he couldn't find his journal. He could have sworn he had it. He had it before class, did he lose it somewhere between Lit and his apartment. Endo put his head in his hands feeling like an idiot. Why was he acting like a teenage girl, he thought as he stood to walk into his kitchen.

While it was true he had secrets in there, the only person besides himself who would know it was him, would be Andrew, but still the thought of his personal issues falling into a strangers hands nerved him. He opened his cabinet and pulled out a bottle of scotch and poured a cup, just a little too full considering it was still early in the afternoon.

Endo remembered he had the concert later that night and would use it as a way to escape these emotions he was feeling. He knew with these smaller concerts he could score what he was looking for.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty1/28/2015, 10:32 pm

Sere was so deep into her reading that she almost screamed when she heard Leah's voice from the main entrance. Quickly, Sere snapped Endo's journal shut and shoved it into her bag, rushing out into the salon. Her hands were shaking from the contents she had read in the journal, and the young blonde struggled to shove them out of her mind. She couldn't think about Endo, not now. But...his writing...was filled with so much pain and inner turmoil. Sere could feel it. It was terrifying, knowing the things he had gone through and done in the past. She felt sick to her stomach, but Sere forced a smile on her face as she hugged Leah.

"Hey, welcome! Come right this way, my station is down here," Sere said, pulling Leah along. After getting Leah situated, Sere ran her fingers through Leah's smooth hair, looking at her new friend in the mirror in front of them. "So, how would you like your hair done?" she asked, trying her absolute best to hide her emotions.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty1/30/2015, 10:18 pm

When Sere asked Leah if she wanted anything done to her hair, she responded “just a trim please, I know its not much, but I am trying to keep it long.” She said as she turned her gaze as memories of the reason why she was growing her hair out. Her foster brothers had pinned her down and butchered her hair, among other things. Leah closed her eyes quickly to block the memories out of her mind as she felt herself almost instinctively grab the rubber band on her wrist and pull it back. As it snapped against her wrist, a bit harder than normal, it brought her back to her reality.

“…but maybe I could get a deep conditioning too, my hair has been quite dry lately,” she added as she forced a smile and tried to change the subject.

“I hope this isn’t an awkward question, but do you know of any shelters in the area. I was thinking about adopting a cat, I know its not allowed, but I just cant really stand my roommates, though one surprised me and left me two tickets to some concert tomorrow night…would you want to check it out?”

Leah had regretted saying the words before they left her mouth but it was too late now, she had already said them, she just hoped Sere would not want to go to the concert.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Endo decided to get a head start on the nights events as he poured a cup of the hardest liquor he had. He sat in his living room as he tried to block out the memories of his past. But the scars wouldn’t leave his mind. He heard a knock on the door and went to see who it was. When he saw it was Andrew, he took it as his cue to leave for the concert. Endo grabbed his leather jacket and his pack of cigarettes, he hadn’t smoked in weeks, but tonight was just one of those nights and he wanted to numb his mind and body to what he was feeling.

“You ready to head out?” Endo asked as he locked his apartment behind him.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty1/31/2015, 12:01 am

Sere nodded, examining Leah's hair to see how far her split ends went. She would need about a two-inch trim, Sere decided. Leah was suddenly quiet, and the silence was broken by the snap of a rubber band against the other woman's wrist. Sere couldn't help but cringe at the sound. Was that some sort of stress reliever? Despite the urge to ask about it, Sere kept her mouth shut. She had done enough snooping for one day, she thought guiltily.

"Alright, follow me," Sere said kindly after tying an apron on Leah's body. She led her new friend to the shampooing room, where she started the water and prepared the products to get Leah's hair nice and healthy.

Sere was taken by surprise when Leah asked about a shelter. She had thought about getting a pet herself, but lately she had just been so busy that she didn't have time to take care of a pet. "Uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure there's one in the next city over. We can make a trip there together if you'd like! I'm a cat person myself, but I don't really have the time of day right now to take care of a pet. I think it's really nice of you to look into getting one, though! I hate thinking of all those poor animals sitting in those shelters, just waiting to be taken into a loving home."

After a quick shampoo of Leah's hair, Sere began to gently knead the special conditioner into the long, beautiful black hair. Leah truly was a gorgeous young lady, and her hair was really good quality.

Leah then mentioned a concert, and Sere felt a twinge of recognition. She felt like she had heard about an upcoming concert not too long ago, but she couldn't remember who she had heard it from. It was probably someone at school, she decided. A smile spread on her face at Leah's invitation. It looked like Leah was finally warming up to her!

"I would love to go! Thanks so much for the invite!" she exclaimed, now rinsing the conditioner out of Leah's hair. After turning of the water and wrapping Leah's head in a towel, Sere led her back to her station so that she could start trimming. 

"Believe it or not," Sere began, combing through Leah's hair, "I've actually never been to a concert before. Have you?"

~~~

Andrew stood outside Endo's door, rocking on his heels as he waited for his friend to let him in. When Endo finally opened the door, Andrew smiled and waved, only to be greeted by an overwhelming scent of alcohol. His mood was immediately ruined, and he couldn't help but be ashamed of his friend. Why did Endo always have to use negative things to deal with his life? Why couldn't he use positive thing like, oh gee, Andrew?! That's what friends were for, right? It saddened Andrew that Endo didn't come to him when he was feeling down.

Endo's question confused Andrew. "Where are we going?" he asked, his head tilted slightly. Realization suddenly struck him, and Andrew laughed. "Ohh, you think we're going to the concert? No, that's tomorrow, idiot. I just came by to see how you're doing, since we're best friends and all. Are you gonna let me in or what?"
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty1/31/2015, 10:22 pm

Leah listened as Sere spoke. She would love to take a trip over to the shelter, she just knew she would have a hard time choosing only one animal. Her heart has always been big for animals. They always showed her love even when no one else would.

Leah spoke, having to strain to raise her voice to speak over the water, "would you go with me, I think I would feel much better if someone were with me, I don't like to travel alone, its just not safe, but I think I may need help, I will want to take all the animals home, but can only take one, and just hope it works out."

Leah felt herself relax a bit as Sere massaged the conditioner into her hair. It was quite a soothing ordeal, she wasn't sure if she had ever been this calm around someone in a very long time.

Leah again regretted mentioning the concert when Sere asked if she wanted to check it out. Leah had always been frightened by large crowds and she had heard a lot about concerts. It made her fearful that something would happen to her. She had been hurt so many times and she was just afraid it would happen again. She had shut herself off for so long she wasn't sure she was ready to take this big of a step.

She hesitated a long time before finally speaking, her voice full of nerves. "I-I guess we can check it out, but only if you come with me, there's no way I could go to something like that by myself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Endo felt like an idiot for forgetting that the concert was the following night. His mind was in scrambles and now it was only growing worse because he had chosen to drink the hardest alcohol he had. He unlocked his door and motioned for Andrew to join him inside. He really was thankful to still have Andrew by his side after all these years. So many people left him, or rather he pushed them away. They were always forcing him to open up about his past and Andrew already knew it or was there if and when Endo needed to vent.

Endo decided he might as well share what was on his mind, maybe it would help repreve the feelings he got from writing. He didn't really have anything to lose at this point.

"I just don't get it....I have been able to block it out for so long, and now it keeps coming back to me in my sleep." Endo knew he didn't have to say what he was talking about, Andrew would know because Andrew was there all those times Endo ran away to his house after his father beat him. There was even a time where Endo hadn't made it quite to Andrew's house because he passed out from the trauma he endured. Luckily Andrew's family saw him and took him to the doctor.

"Its getting harder and harder to block out, I look in the mirror and I see so many reminders of my past, sometimes I feel like I am staring at him and it scares the hell out of me. I am trying so hard to not be him, but what if I am him?" Endo let out a big sigh, he probably sounded like a young girl complaining to his best friend, but when he drank he became a bit social and a bit emotional.

He continued to speak his voice distant as if he were off in another world. "I had gone and talked to someone and they said that it was a good idea for me to journal my thoughts, and I was, it was quite relieving actually, but I somehow misplaced my journal and can't find it anywhere and now I just hope no one finds it and finds out my secrets." Endo trailed off as he began to think of Sere hoping she never found out about his dark past, but he also wondered why she was the first one to pop into his mind.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty2/22/2015, 7:46 pm

"I'd love to go with you!" Sere squealed, "I just love animals. I think seeing some might give me that boost of energy I've been needing." Sere thought it was sweet that Leah loved animals - she could definitely understand that feeling of not being able to choose just one of the poor little creatures to take home.

As Sere started trimming, she smiled at Leah in the mirror. "Of course I'll go with you. We won't leave each other's side, alright? I'm a little nervous about it myself. I heard people can get pretty wild. But I'm sure we'll be fine."

Sere finished trimming Leah's hair and started blow-drying it, running her fingers through the girl's gorgeous dark hair. As she worked, Sere's mind drifted back to Endo's journal and the things she read. Her stomach churned and she suddenly felt ridden with guilt again. She shouldn't have read his journal. But now she couldn't take it back.

~~~

Andrew entered Endo's apartment and immediately felt concern for his friend. He was having the nightmares again? But why? Andrew had been taking psychology classes, and he felt like maybe he would be able to find out what was triggering Endo's nightmares this time. 

"Do you think something triggered it? Someone at school, something with work? Has your dad stopped by or something?"

Andrew sighed when Endo told him about the journal. "Well, on the bright side, no one will know it's yours."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty2/22/2015, 8:44 pm

Leah's lips curved up in a small smile when Sere said she would go with her to the shelter. She was also happy about the concert, but just like Sere was worried about the wild people at concerts, and with her past she really couldnt handle too many more wild people. 

Leah closed her eyes for a moment while Sere blew her hair dry. She was thinking of the last person she had been this close with, but she went far back and all she came up with was some girl in kindergarten who had abandoned her when some new rich kid joined the class.

Leah opened her eyes just as Sere finished blowing her hair dry. Her hair had a shine to it and Leah was happy to see what she thought was dull black hair have a shine to it.

She thanked Sere once she was all done, but she suddenly realized she was hungry. She had skipped lunch and was starving for some good food. She turned to face Sere as she asked,  "do you want to go get something to eat, or do you have another appointment coming, I can get us something if you like." She said hoping Sere would be able to go with her to get food.

Endo looked up at his lifelong friend, he knew he somehow always had the answers, or rather the right questions to ask. Endo searched his mind trying to think of what could be different. He sighed and rested his head in his hand.

"He hasn't stopped by, but he's called so much, I've had to change my number twice, and he's mailed me things, acting like he's sorry....." 

Endo grew a bit angry, not at Andrew, just at his situation, and the alcohol wasn't helping. His voice grew louder, "like I will ever forgive him for what he did, he just acts like nothing ever happened, like he's dad of the year, he just doesn't get the fact that I left to get the heck away from him and now hes pestering me....I mean maybe the alcohol is triggering the nightmares, but I can't find anything to make me forget what he did."

Endo scooted to the edge of his chair and rolled up his sleeves, he always wore long sleeve shirts, it covered the scars which helped shield the memories, "but then I have the nightmares and I am reminded of things like this," he said as he pointed to a long scar going across almost half the length of his forearm,  "or this," he said as he pointed to a burn mark on his opposite wrist, "oh and lets not forget this one," he said as he shifted his hair to reveal the scar across his temple.

He knew Andrew was there after each of those incidents and it had been his parents who had gotten him to the doctor in time before infection occurred. 

"I just will not talk to that man, I don't care if he's dying, he's better off dead anyway that way he wont ever hurt anyone again." Endo said as he kicked his coffee table.

his voice took on a calmer tone, "but then with school and work, this is my first semester as a TA, and its going okay so far, I mean some of these students need to go back to elementary school to learn to write, but that's not so terrible, that's what my job is to help the students with their writing."

Tonight Endo was revealing many things, many of which he wouldn't even remember he said in a couple hours, and it was Andrew, the one person he trusted, the one person he could tell anything and would not be judged.

"But Andrew something's changed, and I think its her, ever since I saw her, I wanted to know her more and what little I know about her, just makes me feel something different inside, like I feel as though I want to change. To give up all the other girls and one night stands, the alcohol and the smoking, I know that it is wrecking me, but something about her makes me want to be better, makes me want to be someone she wants to get to know...." Endo trailed off because a ringing in his ears made it impossible to do anything other than close his eyes and cover his ears.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty2/23/2015, 9:05 pm

Sere glanced at her watch, seeing that her shift was, in fact, over. She smiled at Leah and pulled her apron off. "Actually, you were my last appointment! I'm feeling kind of hungry myself - I could really go for a nice meal right about now."

Sere hoped she wouldn't run into Endo while she was out. She didn't know how she could face him after what she had read.

~~~

Andrew listened quietly to his friend as he lamented over the past. Every time Endo brought it up, Andrew felt so bad for all of the bad things that he couldn't save him from. No person should ever have to go through the pain Endo went through. No wonder he was in such bad shape now. 

Andrew suddenly snapped his fingers. "That's it! Endo, you just figured out the solution to your own problem! You need something to distract you from the pain of your past. And not "distraction" in the way you're used to. I mean a healthy, commited relationship. You need to feel that love you've never had - as cheesy as that sounds. Look, if this girl you're talking about really does have that effect on you, I think you might be at the start of something great."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty2/24/2015, 12:12 am

Leah smiled, glad that Sere was going to get something to eat with her. "I am not sure what I want, but I heard there was a great little hole in the wall restaurant up the way a bit, do you want to check it out maybe?" Leah asked as she fidgeted with her fingers. Socialization had always been a hard concept for her, she didn't really know what to do and felt like she tried too hard, but she was at least trying now.

She wondered if maybe she talked with Sere about anything really, if it would help ease her nerves.
~~~

Endo looked up at Andrew, a bit confused, "what you mean like dating? No I don't think I could do that. I mean the longest I ever stayed with a girl was maybe a coupe days, she had to have really caught my eye if you know what I mean to keep me interested that long. I just don't get that dating scene, people act all gaga and lovey dovey,it's kinda sickening. Can't I just like talk to her or something and see what happens, I don't know, what if something happens and I snap at her, or worse, what if I hit her, that would make me like that man, and I don't want that....." 

He trailed off before adding, "but I think she must feel the same way, I can sense she gets nervous around me, but it could just be because people like to talk." Endo paused again.

"Yes I know what people like to say about me at school and I see the way all the girls look at me, but she looks at me differently, like none of it matters and thats the part that scares the hell out of me, its like shes trying to make me feel like a flabbergasted idiot who has forgotten how to speak and think."

Endo stood to go get something to eat from his cuppard. He stumbled a bit, the alcohol sinking into his bloodstream deeper. He stared at empty shelves and just started laughing. He walked over to his counter and called out to Andrew, "HEY, I think I need to go to the store, I must have ran out of food and I'm hungry. You want to come with?" He asked as he grabbed his apartment keys and made his way to his door, a wabbling mess the entire way.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty3/31/2015, 12:00 pm

Sere nodded and moved one of her pigtails behind her shoulder. "Sure! That sounds great. I could eat anything," she moaned, slapping one hand on her stomach. She could feel the nervousness coming from Leah, and so Sere did what Sere does best: she made conversation.

"You know what really bothers me? Vegetables. I mean come on, they're disgusting! They don't even look appetizing! It really frustrates me when I go to a restaurant and they tell me I have to choose a side, and all they have is stupid vegetables! French fries are cool, though. One time, I ate at this bar-restaurant-type-thing, and they had these french fries that were covered in salt and seasoning. I choked when I tried to eat it. But hey, you know what? If you fry vegetables, I just might eat them."

~~~

Andrew raised one eyebrow. "So you're telling me that this girl hasn't caught your eye all that much? Because it seems to me like she's the only girl you've truly had an interest in in years," the blonde man said. He listened to Endo's insecurities about what he might do to a girl if he were in a relationship, and the words caused a pang of sadness in Andrew. "Look, I know your past has a huge effect on you, but you are the only person who can change that. If you keep letting what happened a long time ago control who you are, you're never going to find happiness. You need to take that leap of faith, Endo. Wow, that sounded really feminine," Andrew laughed, scratching the back of his head. 

Andrew was shocked when Endo suddenly exclaimed that he needed to go to the store. Rushing to his feet, Andrew grabbed his friend's arm and looked at him with concern. "Woah there Butch, you sure you want to do that? You're pretty intoxicated right now - you'll probably get kicked out, or worse."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty3/31/2015, 9:59 pm

Leah smiled a bit at Sere's comment. "Not all vegetables are bad though. I do like some, but now that you mention french fries, that sounds good. Is there a place to get burgers, I know they are not traditional or whatever, but you know, I do not think I have ever had a burger before..." she said as she trailed off a bit. 

The two girls continued to walk down the street, Leah taking in her surroundings and for once in her life was able to admire what was around her. She had spent so many years living in fear and that fear still haunted her, but she felt like she could let her guard down a bit with Sere.

"Sere..." Leah paused, trying to start a conversation, but this was something she was never quite good at, so nervously she kept her had down and fidgeted with her shirt, "do you have any siblings?" It was just one of those questions people asked when they got to know someone, so Leah thought it was a good idea.

Endo looked up at Andrew and laughed a bit, he couldn't help it. Sometimes he just wondered what was going on in Andrew's head. "......yea you are sounding a bit femme there......but you may have a point, I mean, its weird, I can't stop thinking about this girl. I mean there is just something about her that makes me feel like its possible and I can have a life with someone, despite my past, but then another part of me says what the hell just go for it,you and I both know I love to take risks."

When Andrew made a comment about him going to the store, Endo raised an eyebrow to his friend, "and what do you suppose I do then, mom....I am hungry and I have no food...." he said in a whiny voice......Endo was quite the character when drunk, though he did have his dark moments but right now, he was just more annoying than anything.

"Wait, I know!" Endo said when he had a sudden light bulb moment, "why don't you go to the store for me, you can even take my car, if not at least get me something to eat, I am a college student dude, I have to eat something...." He said as he stumbled to the floor before he passed out from the alcohol.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty4/2/2015, 1:11 am

Sere's placed a finger to her chin, trying to think if she had seen any places around campus that served burgers and fries. "Hm, I haven't been out too much, so we'll probably have to look around for a place like that. But I'm sure it won't be hard to find," she said, watching a bird fly by.

The young girl was surprised by Leah's next question. A pang of longing wrapped around Sere's heart at the thought of her brother. She hadn't seen him in years.

"Yeah...I do. I have a little brother named Shingo," she answered, twirling one of her pigtails around her finger.

~~~

Andrew's eyes widened in shock when Endo passed out. With a groan, the blonde college student grabbed his friend from under his arms and dragged him down the hall and into his bedroom. After a few minutes of struggling, Andrew finally got Endo's heavy body onto the bed. "Jeez, man, the things I do for you," Andrew grumbled, smacking his unconscious friend with a pillow. Heaving a heavy sigh, Andrew left Endo's apartment and headed home, hoping the young man would remember his advice in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty4/2/2015, 11:16 pm

"Oh that's cool," Leah said as she twiddled her thumbs. As they walked, Leah caught a glimpse of a little cafe that looked like they were still open. She saw a sign saying they had lunch specials. "Hey, Sere," she said as she stopped for a moment, "How about we eat here? It looks like a cute cafe, I have always wanted to eat at a cute cafe." She said with a hint of excitement in her voice.

Realizing how weird she must have sounded, Leah turned her head down, she was acting like a child, but she had truly always wanted to go to a place like this, she had never gone anywhere fun, or rather anywhere she considered fun as a child and now that she was on her own, the world was her oyster.
~~~~~~

Endo woke up sometime in the middle of the night with a panging headache. He sat up clenching his head, not remembering when he went to bed or how he got to bed. Slowly pieces of the previous afternoon and night came back to him and Endo felt like a jerk. He had to stop doing this to Andrew. He couldn't expect Andrew to handle his baggage forever, but he was glad Andrew had done something to keep Endo from doing something stupid. 

Endo couldn't help but consider Andrew's words, as feminine as they sounded. He should take that lead, he just feared what rejection would do to him, or worse what he would do if he ever intentionally hurt someone like his father had hurt him. 

Endo walked into the kitchen and got some water. He sat down on his couch, after opening a window to let the night breeze into his apartment. He was hungry, but had no food. Luckily there was a 24 hour market down the street from his apartment. He walked down and got a few things to hold him over for the night. He picked up some bread, chips, and some sandwich stuff. As he walked back to his apartment, Endo couldn't help but remember that night he had been even more drunk than he was earlier this day and how Sere had walked him home and tended to him, but left before he woke up. He wondered where she was right now and if by some great chance if he was thinking of him the way he was thinking about her.

He decided on that walk, one day, soon, he would at least ask her to dinner or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shadows   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6