Elysion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Carnation Dreams
Shadows   - Page 4 Emptyby Miakemi 1/18/2016, 9:37 pm

» ~ Lunar Eclipse // a post-stars sailor moon rp.
Shadows   - Page 4 Emptyby Guest 8/26/2015, 8:33 pm

» Fading Memories
Shadows   - Page 4 Emptyby Mistress Moon 8/19/2015, 8:01 pm

» Fading Memories (OOC Thread)
Shadows   - Page 4 Emptyby Mistress Moon 8/19/2015, 7:48 pm

» Dark Side of the Rose OOC
Shadows   - Page 4 Emptyby Kousagi 8/17/2015, 11:09 pm

» The Dark Side of the Rose
Shadows   - Page 4 Emptyby Kousagi 8/17/2015, 11:09 pm

» Carnation Dreams OOC
Shadows   - Page 4 Emptyby Kousagi 7/26/2015, 1:17 pm

» CLEAN UP!!
Shadows   - Page 4 Emptyby Kousagi 7/26/2015, 1:01 pm

» I died but now i live!
Shadows   - Page 4 Emptyby Kousagi 6/13/2015, 2:30 pm

Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/5/2014, 6:11 pm

Shadows   - Page 4 Image_zps6ec15f86

Sere took as many notes as she could with her distracted mind impeding her.  She struggled to think of a novel she could write about.  The first one to pop into her head was To Kill a Mockingbird, but she hadn't read that since her freshman year in high school.  With a sigh, she put her notebooks into her bag and packed up the rest of her things so she could join Leah.  Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Endo's tall figure leaving the classroom, and she couldn't help but feel a little hurt.  She had done so much for him over the last two days, and yet he didn't even give her a parting glance as he left.

She mentally slapped herself for expecting so much out of one person.  Why did she want him to say anything to her in the first place?  Hadn't she been advised to be careful around him, anyway?  The best thing would be for her to stay away from him.  But why did that seem like such an impossible task?

Shaking away any and all thoughts regarding the handsome man, Sere turned to Leah and smiled.  She began to walk out of the classroom and towards the courtyard, where the two girls could sit and get to know each other.  "So," she asked as they walked, "where do you work?  I work down at the campus salon.  I actually just got the job yesterday."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/5/2014, 7:43 pm

Shadows   - Page 4 E5Nzvxz

Leah looked up at Sere through her glasses as she answered her question, "I just work here on campus at the cafe. It helps me support myself, but I may try to get another job. I guess you could say I like being busy," she said as she glanced off into the distance. "I am trying to save for my art supplies, they are quite expensive, but I just love painting, drawing, anything artistic really." she said with a smile.

Leah sat silently for a moment, she wasn't sure what to talk about, no one had ever really spoken to her, other than to shame her or belittle her. She decided to keep the conversation casual, "so what are you studying?" she asked.

Shadows   - Page 4 Banner10

Endo had wanted to speak to Sere after class, but when he saw her walking with another girl he decided he would find a way to "bump" into her. He went to the cafe and ordered his usual black coffee and went to sit where Andrew had been waiting for him.

"What happened to you last night Endo?" Andrew asked giving his friend the look that asked if he had taken some random girl back to his place.

Endo blew on his coffee before sipping some of it. "Well, I think I probably had too much to drink last night, I lost count really aftter 6. I know I know, I have to stop, but I just couldn't think straight, he emailed me, trying to get in contact with me, it just set me off you know, I don't want to see him, I don't know why he doesnt get it."

Andrew looked at his friend and had figured that had been what had happened when Endo had drug him to the club and disappeared.

"As for the girl, well she wasn't random, I didn't even know she had been with me, last night is still a complete blank, but then she showed up this morning and I was even more confused, but she said she had gotten off work and was walking home and she saw me and decided to help me home, which is odd considering we just met...." Endo trailed off.

"And who might this girl be?" Andrew asked

"Sere, the girl you are tutoring, shes actually quite cute, I dont know man, just something inside me is pulling me to her, but I dont know what it is."

Andrew let out a sigh, He could see the desire in Endo's eyes and knew that once something had captivated him in such a way it was hard to pull him away from it. He would have to talk to Sere later, he was concerned for her safety.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/5/2014, 8:40 pm

Sere began flinging her hands around like an excited five-year-old.  "You work at the cafe?!  I knew you looked familiar!  I go there every morning!  Speaking of which..." Sere looked down at her grumbling stomach, wrapping her arms around herself to attempt quelling the obnoxious sound.  She hadn't eaten that day, or gotten her tea.  All because of stupid Endo, she thought.  

No, he wasn't stupid.  He was so much more than that...

Shaking her head, Sere snapped herself away from the thought of Endo.  She looked over at Leah, suddenly realizing how much like Endo she seemed.  At least, appearance-wise.  

"Oh, so you're interested in art?  That's amazing!  I, myself, am not very talented there, but I would love to see some of your work!  You'll have to give me your number so we can meet up again."

Sere was so bubbly and full of energy, despite her usual intake of caffeine.  The idea of meeting a new person and making a new friend excited her beyond belief - she couldn't help her hyperactivity.  

Sere placed both arms behind her head, looking up at the fall sky.  "Well, I'm looking into all things beauty.  Cosmetics, fashion, chemistry, all that jazz.  I'm liking working at the salon so far, but we'll see how it goes.  If I don't end up making it in any of those industries, I'll probably be a nail artist or something like that."  Sere checked her cell phone for the time, realizing she had to head for her chemistry class.  She also needed to make time to work on the assignment Andrew had given her.  "Well hey, I've got to get going, but it was really nice meeting you!  I'll see you around!"  

With a smile, she waved at Leah as she headed to the building where her chemistry class was located.  
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/5/2014, 11:16 pm

Leah chuckled a bit at Sere's reaction, "yeah, its not the best job, but I am grateful to have it, and yea if you want to come over some time that would be fine, I am actually working on a piece right now. Its a landscape, but its also a semi abstract piece, I kind of like to create my own pieces, once its finished you'll be the first to know."

When she listened as Sere talked about being into all things beauty, she smiled. "I hope that will work out for you, maybe I can come see you at the salon you work at, I am due for a trim, and maybe something else."

When Sere said she had to go, Leah spoke, "so do I, I will talk with you later, shoot me a text so I can save your number in my phone." she said with a smile as she walked to work, where she hoped that she could get through one hour without some guy hitting on her, was this job really worth it, she thought as she pulled on her apron and put on her name badge.

After Endo's last class let out, he walked to the market that was closest to his house. He picked up some much needed groceries, meat, rice, fresh veggies, milk, and some other things. As he walked to the checkout line he saw a stack of journals on clearance. He decided to pick one up and take Sere up on her offer, he wasn't sure why he was listening to her, writing wouldnt solve his problems, but he figured if he got it down on paper it would be off his mind for a bit. 

After he was finished he walked to his apartment and put his things away. He went and got his headphones and plugged them into his MP3 player, he turned on the music, sat down with his journal and a pen and began to write.

I'm not sure if this will solve anything, but here goes,
It all started back in the summer, well no thats when it started again. It all started years ago, and for many years I tried to repress those memories. Running away was the best decision I ever made, I think if I had stayed I would probably be dead.

So why does he want to get in contact with me now, to apologize, thats classic, like I would accept an apology from him after all these years, after all he did to me and to mom- no wonder she left, but why did she leave me with him, did she not love me as well. It was rumored that she had another child and that was why she left, who's to say.....i tried researching it after I ran away but found nothing, and no trace of my mother, I guess she didnt really love me either.

Now he wants to try and get back in my life, I dont think so- he doesnt have a say in that and if he tries to contact me again, I will go to the police and get a restraining order.

Endo was tired of writing, this was getting no where he thought as he went to his fridge and got a soda and plopped on the couch and turned on the television. He watched aimlessly as he wondered what Sere was doing.....and then why he was thinking about her in the first place.

Maybe he would take a stroll, if he remembered right she had chemistry and would be getting out soon, but he pushed the thought away, he didn't want to come off as creepy.

He would diverge a plan, take a different way to the school gym, he had wanted to get a work out in anyways, he saw it as the perfect opportunity.

He put a bag together and made his way to campus, making his walk slower as he walked by the science building just as some students were emerging from the front doors. He hoped he would see Sere or that Sere would see him.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/6/2014, 9:22 pm

"I'd love to!  I'll text you soon, and we can get together," Sere said happily, typing Leah's number in her phone.  "You should definitely stop by - I'd even give you a discount," she winked.  After waving good-bye, she went to chemistry, where she almost dozed off because of a severe lack of caffeine.  She had yet another assignment she had to complete, which only added onto her stress and workload.  Although feigning a carefree, relaxed personality, Sere was practically rolling in pain and desperation.  

The situation with Endo the previous night had brought back many memories Sere was desperate to forget.  All night, she had tossed and turned with the sounds of shattering glass and incoherent yelling echoing through her mind.  

She left the building with a more-exhausted posture, her shoulders slumped and her head hanging slightly.  She was far too tired to work that night, or go home and do homework.  But it had to be done, for she had made the commitment to her education her senior year of high school.

Checking her phone, she looked at the work schedule her boss had sent her.  The time for that day said she was scheduled to work in an hour, and she already had quite a few appointments made.  With a sigh, she shoved her phone back in her pocket and trudged to the cafe.  At least she had time to grab some tea, she thought.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/6/2014, 10:31 pm

Leah had worked a long shift, she was happy to get off of work. She walked slowly back to her dorm, she was planning to add some more texture to her latest piece. She walked through the front door of her dorm and her heart sank. There on the floor was her artwork, it had been knocked over and walked on. Someone had spilled something on it. Another person had written failure over her work. Leah picked up her now destroyed piece of work she had spent so much time on back to her room, she would be sure to never leave her work in the common area again. She opened her room, thankful she had a single unit and she was the only one who could get in her room and tossed her painting in the trash. She walked over to her desk and opened the top drawer where a lot of her school supplies were kept. She pulled out a rubber band and slipped it on her wrist and began to repetitively pull on it letting it go and hit her wrist.

This was something to help her from doing something else; her psychologist had told her when she was in high school. Leah sat on her bed gazing out her window as she continued to pull on her rubber band. She went to her backpack and pulled out her ipod and placed her ear buds in her ears and put the music on as loud as she could stand it. She went to her closet and pulled her journal out of her dresser, she had always felt the need to hide her journal.

She went back and sat on her bed as she pulled a pen off her desk and began to write.

Today is a bad day; I want so much to run away, to start over again. It seems no matter where I go people will pick on me and belittle me. I don’t even know why I try anymore; I will just end up hurt like every other time. No one has ever wanted me, and it just continues to be this way…..well except maybe something good did come out of the day. In my literature class, I met someone who seems genuinely nice. I don’t know what I should do, she said she wants to hang out again, but what if she was saying that just to be nice. It wouldn’t be the first time someone left me in the dust.

This is the first time though someone has vandalized my artwork. I can’t believe people can be so cruel, I spent so much time on that piece and it was really coming together, there’s not much I can do other than keep my art in my room from now on. I want to go back to that dark place right now, I want the numbness to take me away, because when I am there, I forget about all the hurt and all the pain, but I am trying to stay away from that place, to start off new in this new place….maybe I will give that girl Sere a call after all.

With that, Leah pulled out her phone and sent a text to the girl she had just met asking if she would want to meet up the following day if she were free. Leah wasn't sure she was ready to take this leap and attempt to trust someone when everyone in her life had hurt her so much to this point.

Endo had been lurking in the shadows, well not quite but he waited until he saw Sere emerge from the building before he picked up his pace to catch up to her. When he was close he called out to her, “Sere,” he said in a tone that was more excited than he had anticipated. What the hell is wrong with me, I am acting like a puppy love struck little boy, he thought as he caught up to match Sere’s pace.

“It’s nice to see you again, I just thought I would try hitting the gym tonight instead of the club, I thought it might be to my benefit to actually put my energy to good use.” He said with a cheesy grin and a subtle wink.  “I also wanted to properly apologize for anything I may have said or done, now that I think I am over last night’s events I wanted to let you know that my behavior was out of character for me and again I apologize that you had to see that.” He said hoping that he would be able to put the night, the night he was still struggling to remember behind him.

He noticed her slouched posture and walked slightly behind her and gave her shoulders a light rub as he spoke, “its only the first week Sere, you have to make sure your resting enough to be able to survive the semester.” He wasn’t sure why he had felt the need to comfort her just then, but he could sense the exhaustion she was feeling, and it was only the first week of school, she had a long road ahead of her.

“If you don’t mind, I am going to walk with you until I get closer to the gym, you look like you need someone to accompany you to wherever it is you are going.” He said in a slightly teasing tone hopeing to lift her spirits.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/9/2014, 11:38 am

Sere's phone buzzed, and she checked the new message.  It was from Leah, apparently, asking if she could hang out the following day.  Sere quickly texted back:

Yeah!  I have a tutoring session tomorrow at the cafe, so if you're working we can go do something right after.

She put her phone back in her pocket and continued to walk, almost jumping out of her skin when Endo appeared out of nowhere.  Why was he so...happy?  His tone of voice seemed light, almost excited.  Sere didn't know why, but his optimism almost annoyed her.  Why was she in such a bad mood?

She resisted every urge to snap at Endo, scolding him for getting drunk and revealing part of his damaged past to her.  It was just one more load to put on her, and she really couldn't take it.  No wonder she was so exhausted - she was having to deal with this guy's crap every day.  

But really, had he ever done anything to her to make her feel this way?

No.

It was everyone else's words that gave her this impression of him.  She was letting all of the rumors and warnings get to her head.  

And then he touched her - touched her.  Her body felt like it was on fire, the warmth of his hands penetrating her shoulders and spreading throughout her entire body.  She felt all of that stress and negativity dissolve, leaving room for her typical, cheerful self.  That warmth, that inviting feeling she got from him, was like coming inside after walking home in the snow.  It was...nice.

She didn't know what came over her at that moment.  Endo's apology, kind words, and his offer to walk her wherever she needed to go just made her so happy.  She turned and threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly by the waist.  "Thank you," she smiled, pulling back.  Her cheeks were slightly red, and she could feel it.  Blaming it on the cold, she began to walk with a much better spring in her step.  "I'm actually on my way to work at the salon.  You can walk with me if you'd like," she said, the color in her eyes returning.  That one touch, just his hands on her shoulders had brought so much life and energy into her body.  She wasn't even ashamed of hugging him - she was too happy.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/9/2014, 2:56 pm

Endo was a bit thrown off when Sere wrapped her arms around her in a hug. It was a very foreign feeling to him, to be hugged. As he returned the hug in a casual manner he couldn't help but think, when was the last time someone hugged me?  

He snapped back to reality as Sere told him she was going to work, he spoke as they walked "how is working at the salon?" He wasnt sure why he was making small talk with her, but it seemed to make the both of them happy. 

When he was near the gym he told her goodbye and to be safe, it was growing dark and he felt the need to warn her to be cautious of the potential dangers of walking alone at night. It made him feel confused, they barely knew each other and yet he felt deep in his core like it was his duty to protect her.

After they parted, Endo went to the gym and decided to start his workout by weightlifting. After he went on the elliptical to get some cardio in.

Leah text Sere back:

Yeah, I have work tomorrow. I am off at 3. Maybe we can meet up sometime after that.

Leah set her phone down and peeked her head out her door, it seemed no one was in the dorm, so she grabbed her room key and made her way to the common area to grab a snack. She had been wrong about being alone as she heard one of her roommates voices from behind her and felt his hand running down her side and stopping at her hip.

"Leah where have you been all day?" he asked

Leah pushed her roommates arm off of her, what is your name, is it Brian or Nate, why do I have to forget at a time like this,  she thought as she spoke her voice beginning to falter, "I had class and work and now that I have my snack I am off to do homework" she said as she turned to leave only to be pulled back by her male roommate. Her heart began to race and memories of the past began to appear and she grew very fearful as she forced her arm free and ran to her room, slamming the door behind her. 

Leah slid down her door until she was sitting on the floor, she wrapped her arms around her knees and trembled, some small tears escaping her eyes, she had come so far to get away from that life and now this roommate was stirring up memories she had tried so hard to forget.

Leah pulled out her sketchpad, art was always a therapeutic release for her and Leah began to draw, not really sure of what her end result would be, but as she drew she began to calm down. Once Leah was in a calmer state she pulled out her books and began to work on her homework.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/9/2014, 4:12 pm

Sere simply shrugged.  "It's going alright.  Today's my second day on the job, and yesterday my boss left me alone in the salon.  But I have some experience because of my classes, and I actually enjoyed working there and getting to know my clients.  It's a little tiring, running around all evening, but fun."

Sere felt her heart beating out of control as they walked their arms grazing each other every now and then.  The sun was descending lower and lower, until finally they passed the gym and Endo bid her goodbye.  She felt her body warm up when he told her to be careful.  

'Does he really care about me?'

Sere shook her head, deciding he was just being a good friend.  That's all they were, right?  Friends?

If that was so, then why was Sere getting all of these strange emotions?  

She felt her phone buzz again, and she read the message from Leah.  Replying, she said:

Sounds good.  My tutoring session should end right about that time, so we can just head out when you get off work.  See you then!

She put her phone away and entered the salon, smiling at her boss and the other coworker that was dealing with a client.  Sere headed into the staff room and put on her apron, undoing her long, blonde hair and putting it back up into a ponytail.  Right as she walked out, her first customer was waiting on her.  With a bright smile on her face, Sere started her shift.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/9/2014, 5:49 pm

Leah had spent about an hour searching for a classic literature book, she decided on Anna Karenina by Tolstoy. She thought it would be an interesting enough story. Later that evening she snuck off to get some dinner. She went to the dining hall and got a rice bowl and brought it back to her room where she ate her dinner and studied for her other classes before she turned in for the night.

Before she went to sleep, she text Sere back

See you tomorrow Smile

She went to sleep, but her sleep was haunted by repressed memories of her past.

Endo finished his workout and made his way back to his apartment. He fixed himself some eggrolls and rice before he opened his books to do his class reading. He had music playing in the background because silence was something that had never settled well with him. He began to feel the pull to sleep so he closed his book feeling satisfied with the work he had completed for the day.

Endo grabbed a quick shower before bed. He fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. He had quite an interesting dream. There was a girl, he couldn't see her face but it appeared he was the one she was speaking to. They were laying on grass in a garden looking up at the clouds. She had her head rested on his chest and he had an arm protectively wrapped around her. This girl had called him Endymion....why did that name sound so familair?
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/9/2014, 6:44 pm

Sere finished her shift, satisfied with her work and the amount of tips she had received.  Her clients were all very sweet, and they had all requested a second appointment with her next month.  After saying good-bye to her coworkers and putting her apron back, she left the salon and walked home in the cold.  She really needed to start wearing her jacket, she thought.

By the time she arrived home, she was shivering and her teeth were chattering.  Turning on her light, she quickly made some hot chocolate and changed into sweatpants and a sweatshirt.  She spent the rest of her evening sipping hot chocolate and working on homework.  She finished the assignment from Andrew, completed her chemistry homework, and decided to do her literature project on To Kill a Mockingbird.  Deeming she had put enough effort into work for the night, she turned the lights off and went to her small bedroom.  It didn't take long for her to fall asleep, with dreams of romance and happily-ever-afters filling her subconscious.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/9/2014, 9:47 pm

Leah woke the next morning feeling exhausted. She had woken up several times during the night in a nervous sweat. She had to walk around her room for her to realize she wasn't back at her house and she was far away from there and was in her college dorm.

She walked to the dining hall, she picked up some breakfast and coffee before going to her art history class. Even though the class was rather dry, Leah was able to appreciate the work. To help pass the time, Leah doodled in her notebook. She carried her graphite pencil with her at all times in case she got sudden inspiration to draw.

After her class she slowly trudged to the cafe to begin her shift.

Endo woke the next morning feeling rather refreshed. He fixed himself a bowl of cereal before heading to the university. He had a light schedule today, but wanted to spend some time in the library doing some research for his alchemy class. He was also going to go to his first office hours of the semester, part of being a teachers assistant required he spend a few hours one day a week in an assigned office to help students if they needed help with their assignments or if they needed to catch up on lecture notes.

Endo went and set up his laptop and pulled out some homework to help pass time while he waited for students to show up. He wasn't hopeful that anyone would show up. He checked his email to see if there were going to be any parties this weekend or some other events going on in the area. He saw something online for a rock concert and he decided he would check it out.

Soon after he made a note to go to the concert a female student walked in for help, although it appeared to Endo that she was after more than his help as she slowly began to enter his personal space. Endo grew nervous but something inside him caused him to not stop this girl who continued to make advances on him while he explained the lecture to him.

He was thrown off when she threw her arms around him and locked lips with him. He returned the kiss for a moment before gently pushing her away from him, "Look, I am flattered that..." he didn't quite know what to say, "but unless you want help with something related to literature class, I suggest you leave," he said as he turned his back to the girl and heard her leave. He sat back in the chair and took of his glasses. He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose as he tried to figure out just what he had gotten himself into.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/10/2014, 6:19 am

The sun streamed through Sere's bedroom window, rousing her from her peaceful slumber. Her body felt relaxed, and she walked around the house with a smile on her face. She hoped that she would get to talk to Endo today, or at least see him. There was a martial arts class that evening, and so she assumed he would be there. This time, she thought, she wouldn't kick him.

Before heading out to get her morning tea and attend her algebra class, Sere practiced her martial arts moves a few times against her couch in her living room. She was getting the hang of the kick they had learned, finally.

After getting her raspberry-mint tea, Sere attended her algebra, chemistry, and fashion class with little to no excitement. By the time she arrived at the cafe for her session with Andrew, she was desperate for some fun. But Andrew was a nice, charming guy, and Sere liked his company.

This time, he had beat her to the cafe. They ommediately got to work, and Sere was pleased to find that she had completed his assignment correctly. They webt over the day's lesson Sere had earlier that morning, and he left her with yet another assignment. Confident in her math skills, Usagi approached Leah standing behind the counter. "Ready to go?" she asked pleasantly, a broad smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/10/2014, 11:15 am

Leah had been working hard. She hated working the mid morning shift. it seems thats when the cafe was the most slammed and rushed. She was thankful to have someone else back there with her, but she wished she didn't get so stressed out when there were large groups of people.

She was glad when her shift was over. When Sere came up and asked if she was ready to go, Leah nodded as she finished wiping down the counter and prepping the small things for the girl who had come to take over for her. 

"Where should we go, I don't have class again until tonight, how about you?" she asked not sure of what to expect. If they were to become friends, Leah didn't know what to do. The only friends she had growing up were the ones she created in her mind.

Endo was glad that his office hours soon ended. He hoped that all the people who would come to him requesting help didn't try to make moves on him, had that been what it come down to. He decided he was better than that as he made his way to the cafeteria to grab a quick lunch before heading to his alchemy class.

As he ate his lunch, he couldn't help but think of Sere. He hoped she made it home okay. He remembered that he had martial arts class later that day and would see her then. he decided he would check in with her and see how her moves were once his training was finished. He would try to tease her too, if the opportunity arose. He felt something inside him beginning to change and he couldn't help but wonder if Sere was the one causing him to change, just being with her made him want to be a better person.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/10/2014, 4:19 pm

Sere beamed when Leah finished her shift, and the two left the cafe.  "My next class isn't until this evening, either.  I was thinking we could go shopping?  My mom just sent me some cash for a car, but now that I have a job I don't really need it.  Plus, I'm in the need for some more fall fashion."

She glanced at Leah, taking in the girl's shy demeanor and sweet facial features.  She seemed like a really nice girl, but something was off about her.  It was almost as if she was scared.  But what was she afraid of?  Sere wasn't going to bite.

As she looked at Leah, she couldn't help but be reminded of Endo.  They really did look alike, now that she really thought about it.  But that had to be some sort of strange coincidence.  
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/10/2014, 6:07 pm

Leah smiled at Sere and nodded at her idea to go shopping. When she heard her mention that her mom had sent her money, she couldn't help but wonder what her mom was like. She wanted to ask, but decided not to. Growing up she had been taught not to ask about others personal lives. She did wonder what life would be like had she grown up with parents who loved and cared for her.

As they walked, Leah spoke softly as she fidgeted with her hands, she really had never been out with anyone like this and didn't know what to expect. "So, are you looking for anything specific for fall?" 

As they walked into the mall, Leah took in the environment around her. It was a new experience for her. In the entryway one wall was painted with a mural. Leah stopped for a moment to admire the piece. She hadn't seen anything quite like it. It was a collage of objects in one painting, yet Leah could sense the calmness of the painting all at once. She saw people bustling down a street and in the corner of the wall there was what appeared to be a carnival, but on the other side was a stream with a bench in front where a family sat and fed the birds. Leah found the piece to be absolutely beautiful.

She snapped back to reality, "oh I am sorry, I am a bit of an art junkie, if I see a piece I just get so absorbed in it, trying to interpret what the artist is trying to say. She continued to walk with Sere as they entered the first store.

Endo went for a walk after he ate his lunch. The weather was perfect and he just wanted to get some fresh air. While he was out he text Andrew to see if they could meet up maybe they could get together before his next class.

He went and sat at his usual spot by the campus waterfall. Something about it made him feel calm. The longer he sat the more memories of a distant past began to break through. He was taken back to a waterfall much like the one he was siting near at the moment, but he was in a garden, he heard a girl laughing and he appeared to be the person chasing after the girl. Once he had caught the girl he grabbed her and spun her around, the girl still laughing as she turned to face him and kiss him. 

Endo opened his eyes and realized he had fallen asleep and had been dreaming about the same girl he had dreamed about the night before. Who was this girl and who was this other person in his dreams that he felt like he knew as well as himself.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/10/2014, 8:59 pm

As Sere walked with Leah, she tried her best to make the other girl comfortable. She got the strange feeling that Leah wasn't used to this much social contact. When the other girl actually tried to start a conversation, Sere beamed and answered right away.

"Well, I really need to get a new leather jacket for the weather, but I'd also like to get some more cardigans, and maybe a pair of boots. What about you, are you planning to get anything?"

Sere continued walking, not noticing that Leah had stopped. It took her a few moments to finally figure out she was walking alone. Turning around, she spotted her new friend staring at the mural. A soft smile on her face, Sere walked back and stood next to Leah, looking up at the mural. Now that she thought about it, Sere had never really paid the mural much attention in the past. To her, it was just a part of the scenery. But Leah, on the other hand, looked as if she was analyzing every bit and piece. It was actually rather nice, finding someone who appreciate something that a lot of other people overlooked. Sere couldn't help but be a little ashamed of herself that she had let such a unique piece of artwork slip her mind.

"Oh, don't worry about it!" Sere said, waving her hand dismissively. "I think it's adorable," she giggled, taking Leah's arm and leading her into a store. For a while, Sere looked at different shoes that she liked, until finally deciding on a pair of brown leather boots that reached the bottom of her knees. She also bought some fall-themed jewelry and a soft pink lip gloss.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/11/2014, 1:47 am

Leah was a bit shocked that Sere was okay with her stopping to admire the art, and that she found her admiration adorable, that had not been a word anyone had used to describe her. She felt like she could grow to trust this girl who seemed to be so full of life and happiness. Leah believed that if she continued to hang out with Sere that she may too grow to know happiness.

When Sere asked Leah if she was planing to get anything, Leah nodded. "I am hoping to find a nice coat or sweater for the winter. The one I have, well it would get me by I think, but I just want a new coat, you know, there's nothing quite like the feel of a brand new coat, but she was thinking, I really need a new coat and hope there is one on sale because my other coat is on its last leg.  Leah had grown quite swift at manipulating the truth a bit, it had been to protect her, not to hurt anyone, it was a defensive mechanism that had been instilled into her mind as she had been hurt by so many people.

Leah found a nice heavy black winter coat that was lined with foux fur. She looked and found her size. She tried on the jacket and found it fit. She felt pleased. She wasn't really looking for anything fancy. In fact she was pleased to find the black coat, she never liked to stand out and saved all her color and spontaneity for her artwork.

"I think I found just the coat," she said as she turned to show it to Sere who had been trying on boots at the moment.

Endo had finally gotten a reply from Andrew who had agreed to meet up. They decided to go for a walk in the downtown park. Endo didn't have anything to do until his martial arts class and he needed to pass time and needed to clear his mind.

Andrew met up and the two greeted each other before they began walking around the park. The two caught up and finally Andrew decided it was time to ask Endo what had happened to him the other night at the club.

Endo reached a hand behind his head, "well I don't remember much still, I may had outdone myself, well maybe not, but I don't remember the last time I had been that drunk." He said as he saw the look of disappointment on his most trusted friends face.

He threw his hands up in defense as he continued to try and recount the day's events, "you know how I get when he tries to make an effort to get back in my life, I mean what can he possibly have to say to me after all these years? I just needed to get out and clear my mind i guess I felt alcohol would help, and it did, well until the next morning, but you know something Andrew, it was the weirdest thing....

When I was walking home, someone walked with me, they got me to my apartment and got me to bed and the next thing I know I am waking up with a splitting headache and when I got up I found a note from Sere, you know that girl you are tutoring, she said she saw me when she was walking home and she decided to help me, I dont know why, we just met, but hey we both know I would not have been able to make it home on my own, but then she showed up and had brought me coffee, it was actually quite sweet, very different than any other girl I had in my apartment."

He looked up at Andrew with a sly smile, but Andrew didn't look as pleased as he had hoped he would be.

ooc:
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/11/2014, 10:05 pm

Sere turned and smiled brightly when she saw Leah.  She clapped her hands together, jumping up once to show her joy.  "That looks amazing on you!  You should totally buy it!" Sere squealed, reaching down to take the boots she liked off.  She placed them back in their box before gathering her things and heading to wear the coats were.  She looked around for a while before spotting the perfect coat - it was white and very soft on both the inside and outside.  She snatched it up, adding to her handful of things before turning back to Leah.

"Is there anything else you want to buy?" she asked, the smile wide on her face.  She loved shopping so much, and shopping with friends only made her happier.

The Coat:

~~~

Andrew shook his head at his friend, not really knowing what to say first.  He had met Sere, and he had instantly liked her (as a friend, of course).  She was sweet, funny, smart, and pretty.  Her innocence and cheerfulness was contagious, and Andrew found himself feeling protective over her.  When he found out she had been spending some time with Endo, he felt a little uneasy.  He knew about his friend's past, and he didn't want a girl as innocent as Sere to be caught up in that.  

"Endo, you're not..." Andrew started to say, not really knowing how to put his thoughts into words without pissing his friend off.  "You're...not playing with her, are you?  She's a sweet kid, and she...is too innocent to take the treatment that you've given other girls.  Clearly, she has some sort of feelings for you.  So please, for her sake, don't hurt her.  If you're leading her on, stop, and let her down gently."  

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/12/2014, 1:00 am

When Sere asked Leah if she needed to get anything and she shook her head no, but her stomach had been growling so she said in a slightly embarrassed tone, "could we get something to eat, I didn't realize how hungry shopping could make you." She thought the snack she had before would get her to dinnertime but it wasnt the case, as her stomach grumbled louder and louder.

Endo glanced over at Andrew and took a breath before speaking, not quite sure how to word his thoughts. "I'm not sure what I am doing," he looked over to his friend who was giving him the look he had seen for years, it said, you're not serious, be real with me. "I don't know what it is about her, but she makes me feel different, makes me want to be different, I've never met anyone who gets so happy about the small things and is so happy all the time, and you're right about her being innocent, I think that's a part of it, its as if I am forcing myself to be different, but it feels good to be different, I mean don't get me wrong those girls at the club, we had fun, but I feel as if I can be a different person when I am with her, like I could change and be a good person, also when I am with her its as if I feel electricity traveling through me which makes me want to be with her more, I don't know though this is all so weird."

He glared at his friend of many years, "and if you ever tell anyone about this conversation, I will find you and probably beat you up," he said as he gave his friend a playful sock to the arm.

He had to admit that being with Sere had made him want to be a better person and to change, like he wasn't destined to follow in his fathers footsteps. He was looking forward to seeing her at martial arts class, maybe she would need some more help with some more moves. he thoght as he and Andrew made their way back to the university.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/12/2014, 10:18 pm

Sere couldn't help but giggle when she heard Leah's stomach growling.  She hadn't eaten very much that day either, and her stomach was starting to ache with the desire for food as well.  

"Of course!  There's this great place here that has the best teriyaki chicken.  If you don't like it, I'm sure we could find somewhere else here to go.  But that's where I'll be getting my food, for sure."

Bags in tow, Sere began to lead the way to the Sarku Japan food vendor at the mall.  Their teriyaki sauce was to die for, in her opinion.  She couldn't go to the mall and not get their chicken - that's how bad her addiction was.

She smiled at passing classmates as they walked, linking her free arm with Leah's.  "So Leah, tell me about yourself.  Other than the fact that you like art," Sere quipped, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.  

~~~

Andrew couldn't help but worry for Sere's well-being.  Although what Endo had said seemed to be true, he knew of some of the things his best friend had done to good girls in the past, and the last thing Andrew wanted was to see innocent little Sere in pain.

He clapped his friend on the shoulder before they parted ways, saying, "I trust you, man.  But I swear to God if you hurt her, you see a side of me you never knew existed."  He began to walk away when he paused, turning back.  "But I hope she's the one for you.  You deserve a girl like her."  
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/13/2014, 1:28 am

When Sere told her she was going to get Teriyaki chicken, she thought about getting some orange chicken. She couldn't remember the last time she had some good orange chicken. She walked with Sere, waiting her turn to order her food.

Once both girls had their food they walked to the table to eat, Leah felt Sere link arms with her. She had to act like the sudden movement hadn't scared her. She wasn't used to people making contact with her, well not in this way, she thought as she continued to walk with Sere until they found a seat.

When Sere asked Leah to talk about herself, Leah was wary. She had never had anyone want to know about her, well anyone but her therapist and all the other people she had seen about her depression and dangerous habits.

She looked down and fidgeted with her sleeve, she thought long and hard before finally speaking what have I got to lose, the worst that could happen is she could laugh at me and leave me here to find my way back to campus, okay its not the worst thing, but if anything happens I'm sure it wont come as a surprise.....she thought before finally speaking, but still avoiding eye contact.

Leah began to tell a segment of her story, "well I grew up in Sendai, I was shuffled from home to home until I was about 8 when uhm I guess they could be called my parents, officially adopted me, but they were not nice people." Leah pushed her food around on her plate before taking a bite of the chicken, which tasted amazing, the flavor of the sauce was perfection.

Leah paused for a moment thinking of how much she wanted to tell Sere, especially since they were in a public place. "I don't really remember much about my childhood, it wasn't exactly a happy time, the day I ran away was the best decision I made and now I am here going to school for something I actually really like."

She had fidgeted the entire time and at some point had begun to pull on the rubber band around her wrist, it had become such a habituated habit that sometimes she didn't realize she was doing it. Once she was aware of what she was doing she let the rubber band go and put her hand under the table to avoid further questions, questions she didn't know if she would ever be able to answer again.

"Sere do you know of any shelters around here, I am thinking of adopting a cat, maybe I don't know,it would just be nice to have someone there waiting for me when I come home and to be with me when I am in my room." She shrugged before falling silent and finishing her meal.

She looked up at Sere, "what about you, what's your story?" she had never felt like she knew social norms or how to act in conversations, the last friend she remembered having was when she was 7 and she barely remembered that. Leah hated that she was awkward, but she truly didn't know any other way to socialize, she hoped she hadn't come off cold or uninterested in what Sere would have to say.

Endo chuckled at his friend but knew Andrew was serious. Endo had been pretty nasty to some girls in his past and while at the time of those instances he didn't regret it. They had both gotten what they were ultimately after and that was all that mattered. But now everything was different and Endo felt as if he wanted to give up his old ways and be a better person, no matter how hard that may be or how long it would take.

"I'll take your word Drew, hey what are you doing this weekend, there's this concert downtown, it looks like it would be interesting. Do you want to go check it out?

Once Andrew had given him an answer he turned to leave. Andrew's words playing in his head-"But I hope she's the one for you.  You deserve a girl like her."  Endo couldn't help but wish for the same thing. He walked back to his apartment to grab his uniform and gym bag before heading to his martial arts class.

He decided to take a short nap before practice, he had about an hour and a half before class. He set his glasses on the coffee table and laid on his couch, falling into a sleep. He was pulled back into that foreign dream world.
He felt as if he were in this dream, but nothing was familiar. 

He walked through the gardens, stopping to gaze at the moon. It was a full moon and something about the full moon calmed the man in this dream. He heard a rustle and turned, sword drawn to see a girl emerging towards him. The man retreated his sword and walked over to the girl, his words were muffled as he spoke to her extending his hand and placing it on her cheek. The two chatted for awhile and sat enjoying each others company, and every once in a while when they were gazing at the moon, the man in his dream would plant light kisses on the young maidens cheek,neck and shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/16/2014, 9:25 pm

Sere listened intently to Leah's explanation, gauging the other girl's expression and tone.  She seemed like she was holding something back - something that pained her.  Patiently, Sere let Leah share her story, refraining from asking any further questions.  She wondered what exactly had happened to Leah that created such a permanent sorrowful look in her eyes.  Sere couldn't imagine how anyone could bring any harm to such a sweet, innocent person.

Her attention was drawn to Leah's wrist, where she had been pulling a rubber band and snapping it against her skin.  Sere resisted the urge to cringe every time the object came down on Leah's wrist, and forced herself to look away.  Why was she doing that?  Was it a nervous habit?  Or something more?  

Once again, Sere had to force her curiosity not to get the best of her.  It was difficult, but she managed to do so by shoving chicken in her mouth.  

Sere was taken aback when Leah asked her what her story was.  She felt her chest tighten, making it hard for her to breath and swallow the food that was in her mouth.  Taking a deep breath, she swallowed and took a drink of water.  "Well..." she started to say, not really knowing how to put her thoughts into words.

"I grew up with my parents and my younger brother.  My father was a journalist, and my mom stayed at home.  I grew up with a normal lifestyle, for the most part.  My dad and I were really close, but as his workload increased we kind of drifted apart.  I wasn't very good in school until high school, which was when I decided I needed to start caring more about my education.  In the middle of my high school career, my parents divorced.  I stayed in Juuban with my father, while my mom took my brother and left.  I finished high school, and now I'm here."

Sere looked down at her plate, suddenly not hungry anymore.  She had left out the worst part of her story, of course.  She couldn't tell Leah that stuff - Sere had never told anyone before.  It was all information that she kept locked in her heart, never to be revealed.  

~~~

Andrew was about to start walking away again when Endo stopped him, asking about a concert.  The thought of getting out of campus grounds and going to a concert sounded appealing.  "Sure, that sounds great," he said, smiling now.  "See you around."  

Giving a parting wave, Andrew headed home.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Moon
Golden Dream Mirror
Mistress Moon

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/16/2014, 11:58 pm

Shadows   - Page 4 Endo_b10

Endo woke from his dream feeling well rested. He sis wonder why he kept seeing this girl in his dreams and who she was, not to mention the fact that he felt as if he knew this girl from somewhere. Like she was from another life, long long ago. 

Endo quickly pushed those thoughts aside as he got ready to head back to the university for his martial arts class. He was excited for his new class and the new moves he learned, if only he had been able to have learned these moves long ago, maybe he could have saved his mom, maybe she would have taken him when she left. 

Endo slammed his hands down on his coffee table, frustrated that all of these thoughts were returning to him now. No doubt he wondered what his life would have been like had his mother taken him when she left, there were so many questions he wanted answers to but knew he would probably never get them.

Endo grabbed his journal and placed it in his bag, he figured he would write before class. He found that writing in his journal helped calm him in some way. As the words left his mind and became words on paper, he felt a sense of freedom, yes those thoughts would still cloud his mind, but every time he wrote them down, set the negativity free, he couldn't help but feel a weight lifted off of his shoulders.

He made it to campus in record time and plopped a sit across the entrance to the studio, he watched the kids train for a moment before he opened up his journal to write.

Lately I have had a lot of questions running through my mind. I am not sure what is fueling these thoughts, but I figured I would get them down on paper. I finally made it to second level blue belt and while that makes me proud, I wish I would have had these skills years ago. I wish I could have fought for mom all those years, not to mention defending myself. He was so strong and the one time I did fight back I woke up in the hospital with stitches in my head and a broken wrist. I will never understand why that man didn't kick me out, I almost wish he had, I could have been free from his abuse and the nightmares for years.

I wonder where you are mother, is life treating you well? Why did you leave me with him? Did you ever love me? Have you tried to find me after all these years? I have so much to say to you, to ask you. I am so angry at you for what you did, leaving me like that with someone you knew was going to harm me....

But now despite these nightmares coming back, there is something that makes me happy, well someone. First there are these dreams. I feel like I am the one in the dream and I am in a distant past with the most beautiful princess, even though I havent seen her face, I can tell shes beautiful.

Then this other girl, I don't know. I have never felt feelings like this. I have never wanted to protect anyone other than myself, but also this girl makes me feel frustrated and angry, like she seems so desperate to get to know me, but I want to get to know her. I want to walk with her and talk with her and learn about all the things that make her smile. Maybe I am losing my touch. No one has ever made me feel that way, well no one has made me feel like that when I am sober, get some alcohol involved and I am everyone's friend.....

I wonder if she feels the same way too.

Endo closed his journal and set it down for a moment and rested his head against the wall as he waited for the children to come out so he could go to class.

Leah listened as Sere shared her story. She thought it was sad that her parents divorced. To Leah it sounded like they were a close family that loved and cared for each other. She wondered what that was like. When she noticed Sere appeared to be done with her food she asked, "should we head back to uni?"

As the two walked back, the silence was eating away at Leah, she had never much liked silence, she was used to it, but it made her feel uneasy.

She looked at Sere as she walked and noticed she looked a little down. Leah hoped she hadn't done something wrong, it would be like her to ruin things, I am surprised she's stayed this long, most people would have ditched me by now, maybe that means I did something right for once.

She spoke softly as she fidgeted with her sleeve cuffs, “I…I had fun today…do you think….maybe, if you wanted to of course, do you think we could hang out again sometime? I’m sorry if I did something or said something to upset you, I am just not used to people wanting to hang out with me, so when you didn’t ditch me at any of the stores, I was surprised.” Leah realized she probably hadn’t helped her situation, but at this point what did it matter, she had tried to be social, she figured that was worth something.
Back to top Go down
Miss Moon Rose
Dream Mirror
Miss Moon Rose

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty11/18/2014, 10:34 pm

Sere was taken aback by Leah's statement as they walked.  "I'd love to do this again!  I had a lot of fun with you.  Tell you what - I'm working again tomorrow night.  Call in and make an appointment with me, and after that you can come stay at my place!  It'll be Friday, so I won't have any classes the next day.  We can get to know each other better and just have a good time," Sere said happily. "I would never ditch you - first of all because it's rude, and second of all because I like you.  You're sweet, and you seem like a good person.  I need some more people like that in my life," Sere laughed.  They were about to pass Sere's apartment, so she stopped walking.  "Well, this is me," she said.  "Thanks for coming with me today.  I'll see you soon!"  With a bright smile, she hugged Leah tightly and went into her apartment complex.  After entering her small living quarters and grabbing her martial arts, bag, she headed to the studio.  

She had been practicing long and hard on the last move, and she had it mastered at this point.  But she was secretly afraid that she wouldn't be able to learn the next move they were taught.  Hopefully, Endo would be able to help her.

Sere's heart fluttered at the thought of Endo being as close to her as he was the last time they had a martial arts lesson.  She loved the warmth of his touch, the tenderness of his voice.  She had longed to be that close with him again.

Quickly, Sere entered the studio and changed clothes, heading out into the main training room and waiting for the session to start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shadows   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows    Shadows   - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next